When it comes to managing your money, there are a few different approaches you can take. The most common choices are either to hire a financial advisor or to do it yourself.
The Financial Freedom BlueprintⓇ provides an intriguing blend of the two. You’ll get the guidance and assistance of a professional (at a lower cost than hiring an advisor) but you’ll still have the responsibility of managing things yourself, albeit with some instruction.
I also have a coupon code that will save you a lot of money. Read on for details.
What is the Financial Freedom Blueprint?
The Financial Freedom BlueprintⓇ was created by Clint Haynes, the founder and president of NextGen Wealth. Clint is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) who has been working in financial planning and financial services since 2001. The Financial Freedom BlueprintⓇ is the same plan that he uses with his clients. He’s put the content into course format and made it available to anyone.
If you prefer the DIY approach when managing your finances but you feel like you could use some direction or guidance, this could be a great option for you.
A few weeks ago, I was able to get access to the course, and I’m writing this review to help others who may have an interest in the course.
The Financial Freedom BlueprintⓇ is a very broad course that touches on just about every topic related to personal finance and money management. There is a lot of content in this course. It’s not something that was thrown together quickly.
The goal of the course is to help you reach financial freedom (whatever your definition of “financial freedom” may be). The content of the course is made up of video lessons (see the outline below). Most of the videos are somewhere between 5 – 15 minutes long, but a few are shorter, and a few are longer.
The course also includes extensive PDF downloads that are great for printing and keeping in a binder for easy access later. The PDFs also help you to work through the lessons and concepts that are being taught in the videos.
You’ll also get some other resources, like a budget template spreadsheet that you can use to easily create your own budget.
Clint offers two different payment options to get access to the course. You can pay $597 upfront or $100 per month for 6 months. The monthly payment plan is a nice option to have since $597 can be a big investment all at once. It also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
As a special offer for Vital Dollar readers, Clint has set up a coupon code for a $200 discount. The discount will apply to either payment method, but there are two different codes.If you want to make an upfront payment of $397, use the code VITALDOLLAR. If you prefer to make 6 monthly payments of $66.67, use the code VITALDOLLARPLAN.
This outline of the curriculum should help you to get an idea of what is included:
Introduction to the Course
- Who is Your Teacher?
- Why I Created The Financial Freedom BlueprintⓇ Course
- What Is Financial Independence and What Does It Mean to You?
- What Exactly is The Financial Freedom BlueprintⓇ?
- Course Overview
Cash Flow is King
- Creating a Cash Flow Plan Aka Budget
- Tutorial on Budget Spreadsheet
- Tutorial to Set Up a Personal Capital Account and Budget
Spend Less or Make More (or both!)
- Creating a Plan to Spend Less and Make More
Don’t Pass Up Free Money
- Get the Match!
Fund an Emergency Savings Account
- Creating a Plan to Build an Emergency Savings Account
Pay off High-Interest Debt
- Creating a Plan to Pay off Your High-Interest Debt
How to Save for Financial Independence/Retirement
- Set Your Goals
- The Steps You Need to Take
- Tutorial to Set up Your Plan in Personal Capital
How to Manage Your Investments
- Understand How to Invest for the Timeframe for Each Goal
- Understand the Role Your Emotions Play in Investing
- Your Investments Will Lose Money on Average Every 3-5 Years
- Each Goal Should Have Its Own Specific Portfolio/Bucket
- Rebalance Your Portfolio(s) at Least Annually
- Choose Investments with Low Fees and Expenses
- Don’t Reinvent the Wheel When Creating Your Own Portfolio(s)
- Go with an Online Investment Platform If You Don’t Want to Do It Yourself
- Investing in your Employer’s Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Have Some Fun Money
- Monitor Your Investments Quarterly to Annually
- Tutorial to Review and Track Your Investments in Personal Capital
How to Save for Your Child’s College
- College Savings Recommendations
- College Savings Tips Within 1-2 Years of College
- Tutorial of the Education Planning Tool in Personal Capital
Creating Additional Savings and Investments Accounts
- Saving for Additional Goals
Managing Your Home Mortgage
- Tips and Strategies on Mortgages
Managing Your Homeowners and Auto Insurance
- Homeowner’s and Auto Insurance Tips & Recommendations
Managing Your Health Insurance
- Tips, Strategies and the Amazing Health Savings Account
Participate in a Flexible Spending Account
- The Benefits of a Flexible Spending Account
Managing Your Life Insurance
- How Much Do You Need?
- Tips and Strategies for Life Insurance
Managing Your Long-Term Disability Insurance
- How Much Do You Need?
- Tips and Strategies for Long-Term Disability Insurance
The Basics of Estate Planning
- Basic Estate Planning Tips and Strategies
The Basics of Tax Planning
- Tax Planning Tips and Strategies
Creating a Login Safety Plan
- How to Create a Login Safety Plan
Take Advantage of Credit Card Rewards
- How to Take Advantage of Credit Card Rewards
Monitor Your Credit Report
- Why Your Credit Report Controls Your Financial Life and How You can Monitor It (for free)
Automate Your Finances
- How to Create an Automated Financial Life
Set Up a Financial Dashboard
- Setting Up a Financial Dashboard
Set up a Secured Drive to Store Important Documents
- Setting up a Secured Drive
- Wrap Up and Next Steps
Who It’s For
The Financial Freedom BlueprintⓇ is a great course for the right person. In my opinion, it would be a good fit for:
Someone looking for help with managing finances. It’s a very comprehensive course that covers all of the important topics related to personal finance. Because the course covers so many different topics, it doesn’t go into extreme depth on individual topics. If you’re looking for a guide or a financial plan that you can follow, it’s a great option.
Someone willing to put in some effort. The content of the course isn’t going to do you any good if you don’t implement what you’re learning. The same thing can be said for any course. You need to be willing to make the effort to apply what’s being taught if you want it to have an impact on your life.
Someone who is willing to invest in their financial education. At $597, it’s a significant investment. However, if you were to hire a financial advisor to go through the same material with you, the price would be much higher. Plus, you can use the coupon code to save $200.
Where the course really shines is with helping you to create an overall financial plan for yourself or your family. The video lessons and accompanying PDFs are well-done and of good quality. Clint has almost two decades of experience in the industry and plenty of knowledge to share with anyone who is looking for some help on their journey to financial freedom.
Visit this page to learn more about the Financial Freedom BlueprintⓇ or to purchase access to the course (and remember to use the code VITALDOLLAR or VITALDOLLARPLAN for a $200 discount).