If you’d like to work from home, whether part-time or full-time, virtual assistant training can be exactly what you need to make it a reality.
Virtual assistants are able to benefit from a flexible schedule, enjoy high demand for their services, and make money by using their existing skills.
While there are plenty of side hustles ideas and ways to make money from home, working as a virtual assistant gives you the opportunity to build a business and start making money pretty quickly (within a few months). You can work around your existing schedule and choose how much you want to work.
The flexibility and income potential of working as a VA are appealing to a lot of people, but knowing where to start can be overwhelming. There are a few courses and training resources available that can be incredibly helpful, and we’ll hight the best options in this article.
Should You Pay for a Virtual Assistant Training Course?
If you’re considering working as a VA, you’ll need to decide if you’re willing to invest in a course that will lead you through the process of getting started and growing your business. Below, you’ll find links to some of the best courses, as well as some free resources that can help you to get started if you’re not ready to invest in a course.
A good course will more than pay for itself by helping you to start making money faster. You may be able to do it on your own without paying for a course, but if a course can help you to start making money a few months sooner, it’s easily worth the price.
With that being said, I want to provide some free options as well, so you will find both free and paid resources below.
The Best Virtual Assistant Training
If you’re interested in working as a VA but not sure where to start, these courses and training materials can help.
1) $10K VA
$10K VA is a course by Kayla Sloan, who has been working as a VA since 2014. The goal of the course is to help students make $10,000 per month as a VA! Kayla routinely reaches five figures per month as a VA, and if you want to learn how to run a profitable business as a virtual assistant, this is the best training that you can get.
I recently had the opportunity to go through the course material in 10K VA and I’m very confident that an aspiring VA will find this course to be extremely helpful.
The course includes 7 different modules:
- What is a VA? This module includes help with designing your own business and deciding what services to offer.
- How to Find and Pitch VA Jobs, including perfecting your pitch and how to get referrals.
- Pricing Services and Getting Paid, including how to raise your prices over time.
- Building Client Relationships the Right Way, including setting boundaries and overcoming objections.
- Running the Day-to-Day as a $10K VA, including creating a schedule and juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Making Your Business Legit, including building your portfolio, marketing your business, and taxes.
- Up-Level Your VA Business, including earning more, creating systems, and outsourcing.
The course also includes several downloadable worksheets and checklists that are extremely helpful with getting your business up and running.
Everything described above is a part of the Standard package, which costs $497. There is also an upgraded package priced at $1,797 (monthly payment plan is available) which includes some valuable add-ons like:
- Access to an exclusive Facebook Group for $10K VA students.
- Bonus module that includes video interviews with successful VAs.
- Access to Kayla’s network of clients who are looking for VAs.
- Two 30-minute coaching sessions with Kayla.
While the core training is the same in both packages, the bonuses of the Lifetime package can be extremely valuable. Many new VAs struggle with landing their first few clients, so having access to exclusive job opportunities could be an invaluable bonus. And the two coaching sessions allow you to get some personalized help rather than relying exclusively on the course material.
As I went through the $10K VA course material, I found it to be very practical and to the point. It covers all of the details that you need to know to get started, and can also help you to grow and earn an above-average income as a VA.
This is Gina Horkey’s flagship course that is designed to give you everything you need to build a successful business as a VA. Gina is an extremely successful VA and this course will lead you step-by-step through the process of starting, launching, and growing your business.
The course includes 90+ lessons covering things like:
- Launching your business. Defining your services and choosing your target market.
- How to make money as a VA. Setting your rates, offering packages, moving clients to a retainer model.
- Establishing your online presence. Website, newsletter, testimonials.
- Where to find clients. Your natural market, social media, networking.
- Pitching your services to clients. Templates and best practices.
- How to interview and get hired. Tips for online interviews and follow up.
- How to manage your business. Contracts, onboarding, parting with clients.
You’ll also get:
- Interviews with experts. Insider tips and tricks.
- 90-day access to an exclusive community (includes help finding clients). Monthly charge if you decide to stay past 90 days.
- 20+ enhanced templates and worksheets.
- 8 customizable pitch templates to help you land clients.
Gina and her course have a great track record. You can see plenty of success stories here. The cost for the course is a one-time payment of $498 or 3 monthly payments of $199.