Vital Dollar may receive compensation from companies, products, and services covered on our site. For more details, please read about how we make money.
There are many great ways to make money online, whether you’re looking for a side hustle or a full-time income.
Some of the best options require you to invest money to get started. This includes opportunities that involve building a business with high-income potential.
The amount of money you’ll need to invest can vary. You can start a blog for less than $100, but if you’re starting an e-commerce site or creating a private label brand to sell on Amazon, you may need a few thousand dollars or more for your initial inventory.
But if you need a way to make money online without paying anything, don’t worry. There are some options to earn without any financial investment. In this article, we’ll look at the best possibilities.
The opportunities included here are broken down into three categories:
- Online tasks. These are great if you want to make a little extra cash. They’re easy and extremely flexible but will not turn into a full-time income.
- Start a business. There are some types of online businesses you can start with zero investment. All of these options can be done part-time, but they also give you the potential to grow into a full-time income.
- Work for someone else. You would work either as an employee or a contractor for these ways to make money online without paying. They can be done part-time, and some also could be full-time.
Related reading: 150+ Side Hustle Ideas to Make Money in Your Spare Time
Earn money with online surveys, games, apps, cashback on purchases, and special offers
Earn cash & gift cards by taking surveys, playing games, installing apps, redeeming coupons, & more
Earn rewards for tasks like shopping online, taking surveys, playing games, and completing simple tasks
$5 signup bonus
$5 signup bonus
$10 signup bonus
How to Make Money Online from Small Tasks
Small tasks can be great options if you’re wondering how to make money online without paying anything. To be clear, you’re not going to get rich with the options listed in this section, but they can be a good fit in the right situation. They offer complete flexibility to work when and where you want, and you can quickly start making money online.
You can also combine these options and do several of them to increase your overall income. These options are great starting points if you want to earn money online without paying anything.
1. Take Online Surveys
One of the most popular side hustles is taking paid surveys. Several websites and apps offer surveys, and it’s easy to start.
Flexibility is one of the major perks of taking surveys for money.
You have complete freedom with your schedule, and you can even take an online survey when you have just a short amount of time to spare (most take only a few minutes).
Some people even make money online by taking paid surveys while watching TV.
Aside from the flexibility, another perk is that anyone can do it. You don’t need any specific skills or experience.
The best approach to maximize your income from surveys is to join a few different sites as a way to make money online. Each site offers a limited number of surveys, so using a few different sites will increase the number of surveys you can take.
Some of our favorite survey websites and apps are:
- Swagbucks ($5 signup bonus)
- InboxDollars ($5 signup bonus)
- MyPoints ($10 signup bonus)
- Rakuten Insight
- Survey Junkie
While you’ll never make a full-time income with surveys, it can be a good start to your journey. If you’re wondering how to make money online without paying for beginners, this is one of the best starting points.
How to Get Started with Surveys:
Getting started is easy. You can sign up and start earning money on the same day.
- Create a new email address with Gmail (or some other free service) to use for the survey sites.
- Signup at each survey site listed above.
- Complete the initial profile or intro survey so they have some basic information about you (to find the surveys that you are eligible for).
- Start taking surveys as a way to make money online. Each one will list the amount that you can earn and the time needed for the survey, so start with the ones that offer the best rate per hour.
2. Passive Income Apps
Several apps provide passive income streams to make money online without paying.
None of these apps will pay you a huge amount of money individually, but if you use a few apps together, you can make a nice chunk of change for doing next to nothing (free money).
Here are a few of the best apps that you might want to consider:
MobileXpression is a research company that pays you to access your mobile browsing activity. All you need to do is sign up and install the app on your phone. Then you can open the app to claim points and redeem them for prizes.
You’ll be able to earn Amazon gift cards or for many other stores/websites/restaurants of your choice.
You can earn about $50 in rewards per year simply by having the app installed and active. And thanks to a signup bonus, you can earn a $5 gift card your first week of using the app.
SavvyConnect, a division of SurveySavvy, is very similar to MobileXpression. The key difference is that you can also use SavvyConnect on desktop and laptop computers, so you’re not limited to just mobile devices.
With SavvyConnect installed, you’ll earn $5 of passive income per month per device. You can earn a max of $15 per month per user.
Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel is another similar passive income option to MobileXpression and SavvyConnect.
Install it on your computers and devices to make money online without paying. You can earn up to $50 per year in gift cards or PayPal cash. It’s an easy way to earn money online without paying anything.
Learn about even more options in our article on passive income apps.
How to Get Started with Passive Income Apps:
Several different microtasking websites allow you to earn money online without paying by completing small tasks. This includes moderating content, basic research, data entry, categorizing data, and more.
The tasks are simple and quick. You’ll get paid a small amount for each task and can complete many tasks.
Like surveys, microtasks are not the highest-paying side hustle, but the work is extremely flexible.
You can sign up for a few different tasking websites and work as much or as little as you want to make money online without paying. You can work a few hours in chunks or just a few minutes whenever you have some spare time.
Some of the leading websites for microtasks are:
- Amazon’s Mechanical Turk
- Swagbucks ($5 signup bonus)
- InboxDollars ($5 signup bonus)
If you use microtasks for making money online without paying, track the amount you’re earning per hour.
Some of the tasks won’t be worth your time, so try to take the best tasks and leave the ones that don’t pay enough.
How to Get Started with Microtasks:
- Create an account at the websites listed above.
- Check the available tasks to see how much they pay and how long they will take.
- Perform the tasks that seem to be worth your time, and track your hourly wage as you start to make money online.
4. Test Websites
Another flexible side hustle to make money online is to get paid to test websites and apps.
Of course, companies need user feedback related to their designs and the functionality of their sites and apps. Some companies are willing to pay people to provide that feedback.
You can sign up to be a tester on several different websites. Some of the best ones include:
The amount you make will depend on several factors, but generally, you’ll earn between $10 – $60 per test. The tests will often involve recording audio or video while using the site or app.
The only downside to this side hustle is that the opportunities are somewhat limited. It’s become a popular way to make money without spending money, so there are more testers than opportunities at times.
If you sign up with a few different websites, you can get notifications when new tests are available, but it’s not something you can do on a large scale.
How to Get Started as a Website Tester:
- Signup as a tester at the websites listed above.
- Make sure that you have the needed equipment. Typically, you’ll need a computer, internet access, a webcam, and a mic. Most laptops will be sufficient.
- Take the initial test to qualify and be eligible for paid gigs.
- Check the testing opportunities available and follow the directions.
Conducting research is another highly flexible side hustle that just about anyone can do.
The available research opportunities vary from simple tasks like finding and verifying addresses to much more detailed and thorough professional research.
Because the opportunities vary, the pay and other details surrounding the work also vary. But generally, it’s very flexible work that can be done from home (or anywhere with an internet connection) to make money online without paying.
Some sites that offer work for researchers include:
How to Get Started as a Researcher:
- Apply to work as a researcher at the sites listed above.
- Once you’re approved, check the available opportunities and follow the directions (the tasks will vary).
6. Play Games
Like all the other options in this section, playing online games is a flexible way to earn extra income.
As you might expect, most people that do this will make small amounts of money, but it can be done in your spare time, and you’ll enjoy it.
When was the last time you got paid to play a game?
There are a few different ways to earn money online with games, and to see all the details, please read our article How to Make Money Playing Video Games. One of the easiest ways to get started is to download the Mistplay app (only for Android), which allows you to earn rewards for playing various games.
If you want to take the income potential to a higher level, the options include starting a gaming-themed blog or YouTube channel, getting sponsored, or competing at tournaments.
Of course, these options require a lot more work and effort than simply playing games on an app, but the higher income potential may be worth it to you.
How to Get Started Playing Online Games:
- Install the Mistplay app and start playing to earn rewards and make money online without paying
- Sign up for Swagbucks and play games (as well as other tasks) to earn Swagbucks that can be redeemed for cash or gift cards.
- Sign up for InboxDollars and earn rewards.
- If you’re looking to make serious money with games, start a gaming blog and work on growing an audience. See my article How to Start a Blog for step-by-step directions.
Start a Business Without Investment
While the opportunities in the previous section are nice for a small amount of extra cash, the online businesses in this section are perfect if you want something with higher income potential.
Although most online business models require some startup capital, there are opportunities to start legit businesses with zero investment or upfront costs. These businesses may not cost you anything to start, but they offer excellent ways to make money online.
Every one of these online businesses could be run part-time or full-time. Start now with your available time, and work to grow it to the income level you’re after. You’ll love the long-term rewards of being a business owner and making money online.
7. Start a YouTube Channel
With a popular YouTube channel, you could make money online from ads (the YouTube Partner Program, similar to Google AdSense), direct sponsorship deals, and affiliate links in your videos and descriptions. You could also make money by selling your own products.
You’ll have to reach 1,000 subscribers to your channel before you can start earning with the YouTube Partner Program, but affiliate marketing is an option right from the start.
You can start a channel on just about any topic that interests you. As long as you have a simple camera, there’s no expense needed to start (you can even use your phone or laptop’s camera).
You’ll want to budget some money to upgrade your equipment as you go, but getting started doesn’t require an investment.
The most popular channels focus on a particular topic or type of video. Pick something that interests you and start creating videos.
With the popularity of video content increasing, starting a channel is a tremendous opportunity. Videos are becoming increasingly visible in Google search results, and the future is bright for video content creators.
How to Start a YouTube Channel:
- Choose the topic for your channel.
- Create a YouTube account and name your channel.
- Record your first video.
- Upload it to YouTube.
- Study YouTube SEO so you can get exposure for your videos.
- Monetize your channel with ads, sponsorships, and affiliate marketing to make money online
8. Work as a Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant (VA) is a broad term. VAs can offer different services. Many VAs will do things like managing social media profiles, managing online ads, editing blog posts, creating images for blog posts and social media posts, writing or creating content, editing videos for YouTube, working as a personal assistant, and more.
The amount of money that VAs make can vary significantly. There are a lot of low-paid jobs for VAs, and most of that work goes to people overseas. But there are also opportunities for VAs to get paid well and make thousands of dollars per month. In fact, some VAs charge more than $50 per hour.
There’s much to like about the opportunity to work as a VA and make money online. It’s a perfect fit for people who want something part-time and flexible, like stay-at-home moms and dads. But it’s also an option for someone who wants a side hustle that can turn into a full-time business.
Right now, a lot of virtual assistant jobs involve work related to managing blogs and social media. Many bloggers and small businesses need help editing and formatting blog posts, and most don’t have time to be active on social media.
Becoming a virtual assistant could be a great fit if you have some ability with administrative tasks related to blogging and/or getting results with social media marketing.
As a virtual assistant, you can take a general approach and offer a few different services, or you can specialize in one particular area. For example, some VAs specialize in managing Pinterest profiles for their clients.
Another option for specialization is helping clients set up an online course. Whatever strengths and experience you have can be used as your specialization.
There are a few websites that can help you to become a virtual assistant, like:
In many cases, the best-paying virtual assistant jobs are the ones you find on your own, either by reaching out to people proactively or people that contact you through your website.
Please see my article How to Become a Virtual Assistant if you want to learn more.
How to Becomne a Virtual Assistant:
- Decide what services you want to offer
- Create your own website to list your services and allow people to contact you. If you need a free website you can use Wix or WordPress.com, but if you have a few dollars to spare you can get a domain name and hosting with Bluehost.
- Look for opportunities and ways to make money at the sites listed above.
- Proactively reach out to people and businesses that you think would benefit from your services.
9. Freelance Writing
Working as a freelance writer can be one of the best real ways to make money from home for free. With the huge number of websites and blogs that publish new content daily, there’s a big demand for writers who can create quality content.
Content writing opportunities exist in just about any niche or industry, but popular industries like news, finance, health, and travel will present more opportunities than smaller niches.
While there are a lot of different services you can offer as a freelancer, writing is one of my favorites because many of the gigs involve recurring work.
If you land a few clients that hire you to write articles repeatedly, you won’t need to spend time looking for work. This can be a huge advantage and essentially allows you to make more money per hour.
The truth about freelance writing is that the quality of gigs will vary greatly. There are a lot of low-paying freelance writing gigs, especially for “content mills” (companies that crank out a very high volume of articles for clients).
However, there are also a lot of gigs that pay very well. Many freelance writers make six figures annually, working a flexible job from home or traveling. Ignore the low-paying jobs and focus only on those that pay a decent rate (see How to Land High-Paying Freelance Writing Clients).
If you have writing skills but you’ve never freelanced before, your biggest question is probably, “how will I find clients?” Several job boards can be a good place to start, including:
These job boards all post opportunities you can apply to. However, a job board isn’t the only way to find work and make money online.
One of the best ways is to proactively reach out to websites and blogs that hire freelancers. Check for a “write for us” page, as many sites will have details about how you can apply.
Note: If you work as a virtual assistant, you could offer writing as one of your services.
How to Get Started as a Freelance Writer:
- Choose the broad topics that you want to write about.
- Create your own blog where you can write and publish a few articles that will serve as your writing samples. You can create a free blog at WordPress.com, but if you have a few dollars to spare, you can get your own domain name and website to have a more professional look (follow the instructions in How to Start a Blog).
- Check the job boards and apply to any listings that seem like they would be a good fit.
- Research some opportunities on your own by searching for blogs in your industry that hire freelance writers. Reach out to them about your interest in writing for them.
10. Freelance Graphic Design
If you have design skills, there’s a lot of work available for freelance graphic designers. Your graphic design side hustle could include projects like websites, logos, brochures and marketing materials, packaging and labels, blog and social media images, and more.
You can get started with no investment by setting up a profile on Fiverr and creating some gigs. There’s a lot of competition, but many designers are doing well on Fiverr.
You can also create your own portfolio website to show off your work and to help with landing new clients.
If you have a small budget, it’s worth the $2.95 per month to get hosting from Bluehost and install WordPress to have your own site (with no ads) on your domain.
When it comes to finding jobs, aside from using sites like Fiverr and Upwork, you can also check job boards like:
Another option is making money by selling stock graphics. You won’t work for clients. Instead, you’ll create images, files, and illustrations you think people might buy at a marketplace.
Most stock photo websites allow you to upload and sell things like icons and illustrations, and you can also make money at marketplaces like:
How to Get Started as a Freelance Graphic Designer:
- Gather some of your best work to include in your portfolio (or create designs specifically to use in your portfolio).
- Set up a portfolio website. You can either use a free service like Behance or Coroflot, or spend a little bit of money on web hosting to have your own site on your own domain.
- Apply for jobs on job boards or set up a profile on Fiverr and create gigs that clients can purchase so you can get paid.
11. Rent Out Your Stuff
It may not be the first type of business that comes to mind, but a rental business is a great option for passive income.
There are many different things you can rent out, including a room or unit in your house, storage space, a parking space, your garage, your car, an RV, a boat, land for pets, and much more. See my article 30 Things You Can Rent Out for Extra Money for plenty of ideas.
A rental business crosses between an online business and a local one. The online aspect comes into play because people renting from you will probably find you via the internet.
Many different apps and websites exist to help people find specific things they can rent, and you can list the items you’re willing to rent.
One of our favorite platforms for getting started is Neighbor. Through Neighbor, you can make money without capital by renting out storage space in your garage, shed, basement, warehouse, or whatever you have available. It’s an easy way to earn some extra money with no investment.
Neighbor makes it easy to earn extra cash by renting out storage space in your basement, attic, garage, or even a shed. Make extra money each month without needing to spend time on a side hustle.
- Earn thousands of dollars per year
- Very little time or effort required
- Neighbor markets your space to people in your local area
- Set your own rates
- Neighbor handles all the payments for you
If you have a pickup truck or cargo van, you can rent it out and earn up to $1,800 per month in passive income from Fetch.
And if you have a camper or RV, you can list it for rent on RVshare and make up to $22,000 per year!
Your rental business is likely to be a part-time thing that earns extra income on the side, but depending on what you have to rent, it may become a good amount of money.
How to Get Started with a Rental Business:
- Determine what you have that you can rent out. See our list of (see things you can rent out for ideas).
- Find the right platform to get exposure for your rental.
- List your rental and start making money whenever someone rents it from you.
12. Sell Digital Products on Etsy
Etsy is well-known as the best online platform to buy and sell handmade crafty and vintage items, but it’s also an outstanding platform for selling certain digital products.
Selling physical products on Etsy or other sites like Etsy is a good opportunity, but you’ll need to invest money into the materials for making your products. For that reason, we’ll focus on digital products that you can create for free.
Printables are probably the most popular digital product to sell on Etsy and an ideal way to earn money online. There are many different types of printable products (like planners and organizers) that you can create and sell.
Aside from printables, products for digital scrapbookers and photographers are also popular on Etsy.
This could include photo overlays, print templates, Lightroom presets, and more. If you can create these types of products, this can be a great money-making opportunity.
Starting this online business will take a while to build up your income with your Etsy shop. It can be a perfect side hustle, and it could grow into a full-time business with some time and effort.
Access this free workshop and learn how to generate passive income by selling printables on Etsy. You'll learn about the types of products that sell, how to get your Etsy shop set up, and how to make sales and ensure that your shop is a success.
This is the perfect side hustle if you:
- Want to work from home
- Don't have much time
- Like the idea of selling on Etsy
- Don't have prior experience
How to Get Started Selling Digital Products on Etsy:
- Decide what types of products you are going to sell in your shop to make money online.
- Create the products.
- Sign up for your own Etsy shop and upload your first product.
- Get some friends and family members to buy your product (you can give them a coupon code for a big discount) and ask them to leave a review.
13. Write Ebooks to Sell on Amazon
If you like to write, this can be an ideal way to earn money online for free.
Amazon is a huge platform that reaches many millions of buyers. Ebooks that do well can make a lot of extra money for the authors.
Of course, this one requires time upfront before you start to make money online. But ebooks don’t have to be that long. This blog post is longer than some ebooks that are being sold.
You can use Microsoft Word to write and format your ebook for Kindle (complex layouts will not be possible with this method).
Writing and selling ebooks on Amazon can be done part-time or full-time. Most people who earn a full-time income have written several ebooks and usually work consistently to keep coming out with new ebooks.
As a writer, the possible ways to make money are wide open. You can write novels, non-fiction, how-to, or any other type of book.
And once your online business is running, there are many ways to get visibility and increase sales. You can work on building your own email list or actively recruit affiliates to promote your ebooks. Affiliate marketing is an excellent opportunity if you grow your network within the niche.
See How to Write, Create, and Sell an Ebook for more details.
How to Get Started with Writing and Selling Ebooks on Amazon:
- Decide which types of books you’d like to write.
- Research book ideas to find a topic that isn’t saturated with too much competition.
- Write your ebook and format it for Kindle.
- Create an Amazon seller account and upload your ebook.
- Give your first ebook away for free for a while to get some momentum and some reviews, then increase the price.
Looking for a fun online business opportunity that requires no capital investment? How about designing t-shirts and other print-on-demand merchandise?
The products are printed when they’re ordered. That means there’s no need for inventory. You can start selling online without expense if you have some design skills.
To learn more details, please read our Merch by Amazon review.
How to Get Started with Print-on-Demand:
- Work on some designs.
- upload your designs to a platform like Redbubble or create your own website.
- Keep creating more designs.
15. Manage Social Media Profiles
Many small businesses and solopreneurs recognize the value of being active on social networks, but they simply don’t have the time or resources to handle it themselves.
You can offer services to fill this gap and work on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Your services can involve creating and scheduling posts for different platforms, interacting with followers, creating graphics for social media posts, and anything related to social media marketing.
One of the best things about this type of work is that most of your clients will be ongoing. If the client gets results from your work, they’ll continue to pay you.
You can offer monthly packages with a set number of posts or other specifics. Once you have a few clients and you’re making the money you need, you can focus only on doing the work to make money, and you won’t need to constantly look for new clients.
How to Get Started Managing Social Media Profiles:
- Determine the social networks you want to work with.
- Choose a niche or industry to specialize in, or choose to specialize locally.
- Create your own website and list the services and packages you offer. Use Wix or WordPress.com if you need a free website, or buy a domain and hosting from Bluehost if you can afford a small amount each month.
- Reach out to small business owners in your industry of choice, or small businesses in your local area. Tell them about the packages that you offer and ask for their business.
16. Photo Editing
You can start a photo editing business if you have some photography or Photoshop/Lightroom skills.
Offer your services to amateurs/hobbyists who don’t know how to edit photos effectively on their own, or you can target professionals that want to outsource this time-consuming part of the job.
Some photographers that take large numbers of photos (like wedding and portrait photographers) prefer to outsource the editing because they don’t have the time to do it themselves.
You could offer your services through a platform like Fiverr or Upwork (see our Upwork vs. Fiverr comparison), reach out to photographers you think might be interested, or set up a website and work to build traffic and make money.
How to Get Started with Photo Editing:
- Create some before and after samples to demonstrate what you can do.
- Create a profile on Fiverr and set up some gigs that people can order.
You may be able to use your experience or expertise to offer consulting services to clients and make more money. Consulting can cover a wide range of topics and can be done in many different ways, so there are endless possibilities.
As a consultant, you can start making money as soon as you have your first client, and spending money is unnecessary to get started.
If you’ve worked in a particular industry for a while, you may already have contacts that would help you land your first client. LinkedIn can also be a great platform for connecting with people and building up your profile in hopes of landing more work.
One of the great things about consulting is that you can charge a high hourly rate and make a nice income from this side hustle. It could easily turn into a full-time business.
How to Get Started with Consulting:
- Define the services you’ll offer and set your hourly rate.
- Reach out to any existing contacts that you have with your industry and ask if they would be interested in your services, or if they know of anyone who might need a consultant.
- Work on building up your LinkedIn profile and increase your presence to open up more opportunities in the future.
18. Become an Instagram Influencer
Influencers earn money online without paying through direct sponsorships, affiliate marketing, and selling their own products.
Of course, growing your following will take time and effort, but it’s possible to accomplish this without any expense.
This option is similar to growing a YouTube channel in some ways. You’ll be taking advantage of a platform (in this case, it’s Instagram or TikTok instead of YouTube) that already has a massive reach and allows you to get in front of millions of people. The monetization options are also similar.
Within the past few years, becoming an online influencer has become a more viable and realistic option with the potential to make big money.
How to Get Started as an Instagram Influencer:
- Choose your niche.
- Create your Instagram or TikTok profile and start creating content.
- Study the content that’s being shared by other influencers in your niche and work to create the best content possible.
- Be active on the platform and interact with other users as much as possible.
Work for Someone Else
While the options in the previous section for building a business present great income potential, you’ll likely need to put in a lot of work upfront to grow that business as a way to make money.
If you’re looking to start making money immediately and don’t want to run your own online business, the options in this section may be a better fit for you.
You’ll work either as an employee or a contractor with these jobs. Some of them still offer a great deal of flexibility over your hours, but others may not be as flexible.
19. Become a Transcriptionist
If you have some typing skills, working as a transcriptionist is a perfect opportunity. There’s a lot of transcription work, and it’s extremely flexible. Most transcription jobs allow you to work as much or as little as you want, and you can choose your own hours.
There are a lot of websites offering transcription gigs. Generally, you’ll have to pass a typing test. Then, after you’ve passed the test, you can see available jobs and claim the ones you want.
The pay varies drastically on these sites, but there’s potential to make pretty good money in this field. ZipRecruiter reports that the average salary for a work-from-home transcriptionist is nearly $60,000.
If you want to learn more, please see How to Become a Transcriptionist.
Learn how to get started as a transcriptionist with this free 7-lesson course from Janet Shaughnessy of Transcribe Anywhere.
- Learn the two keys to success as a transcriptionist
- Use your existing typing skills
- Work part-time or full-time
- Work from home or anywhere with an internet connection
How to Get Started as a Transcriptionist:
- Make sure you have the transcription equipment that you’ll need to do the job.
- Check out this list of the best transcription jobs to find plenty of opportunities.
- Choose the company or companies that you want to work for. Apply and take the initial typing test.
- Once you’ve passed the test, you’ll be able to earn money online without paying from jobs that are available.
20. Work as a Remote Employee
There are a growing number of companies hiring remote workers. You could work from home for a company in just about any industry or capacity.
As a remote worker, you’ll be an employee. However, you’ll be able to work from your home office and make money instead of commuting to the job every day.
Most remote employees have less flexibility than contractors or freelancers, but significant benefits exist.
How to Get Started as a Remote Employee:
21. Work as a Bookkeeper
If you have experience with accounting or bookkeeping, this is a great job that can be done remotely in many cases. Even if you don’t have experience, it’s possible that you can find an entry-level job with minimal requirements (some require nothing more than a high school diploma) and make money.
Some bookkeeping jobs require you to go into the office daily, but many companies are hiring remote bookkeepers.
According to ZipRecruiter, the average salary for a bookkeeper is over $56,000. Add in some flexibility by working from home, and it’s a great job.
How to Get Started as a Bookkeeper:
- Get some training or basic experience with QuickBooks.
- Check job boards for opportunities.
- Apply to jobs that may be a good fit.
22. Become a Tutor
Online tutoring or teaching is a great side hustle. The pay, in most cases, is pretty good, and you’ll benefit from a flexible schedule.
Although some full-time jobs are available, this opportunity is generally better for part-time work. Even as a part-time tutor, you can earn $20+ per hour.
Your education and work experience requirements will vary from one opportunity to the next. In some cases, you’ll need previous teaching experience, and in others, you won’t.
Although teaching English is extremely popular, there are opportunities for teaching or online tutoring jobs in all different subjects.
How to Get Started as a Tutor and Make Money:
23. Work as an At-Home Customer Service Rep
Many companies use remote workers for customer service. This involves service over the phone as well as online chat.
In some cases, you might be able to find a job as an employee for customer service, but in many cases, the work is outsourced through companies that specialize in customer service staffing. These staffing agencies are excellent places to look for work to make money online without paying.
Some places to check for opportunities include:
How to Get Started as an At-Home Customer Service Rep:
- Check the websites listed above to find available opportunities to make money.
- Apply to multiple opportunities to have the best chance of getting work.
24. Work as a Search Engine Evaluator
Did you know that one of the ways to make money online without paying is by evaluating the results of search engines?
It’s true, and there are a few different companies like Appen, Lionbridge, and iSoftStone that hire search engine evaluators (the job title may vary).
This online job is very flexible and can be done around your schedule, at home, or any place with internet access. Of course, the pay can vary. But generally, search engine evaluators usually make $12-$15 per hour.
The downside to this opportunity is that the availability of work is limited. It’s a popular job that many people would love because of its flexibility. It’s also part-time, as there will not be enough work available for full-time hours.
To learn more, please see this article on search engine evaluator jobs.
How to Get Started as a Search Engine Evaluator:
- Check available listings at Appen, Lionbridge, and iSoftStone.
- Apply to any opening you can find because there is not a ton of available work in this field.
If you’ve been wondering how to earn money online without paying anything, we’ve covered several legit ways to make money.
Pick the right opportunity for you and get started. Follow the steps listed, and you’ll be able to make money online without paying anything. If you take action today, you’ll be that much closer to getting paid.